In an effort to fight against Covid-19, wearing a mask became part of our daily lives. But the major problem these days is the ‘breakouts’ or ‘pimples’ developing due to continuous wearing of masks; These pimples are called Maskne.
What causes Maskne?
Mostly Maskne is caused due to clogged pores. You already have oil and dead skin cells in your skin and when you wear a mask, these substances can build up more and block the pores. The mask also builds humidity inside due to sweating and breathing which can also result into pimples. Another major reason can be fiction. When the masks continuously rub against your skin, this can also lead to maskne.
Here is how to avoid them:
- Choose the correct masks
- Wash your face intermittently
- Use a noncomedogenic moisturizer
- Don’t forget to use a sunscreen
- Avoid touching your face more often
- Make sure that the mask you use is clean
- If your maskne is more severe and is not getting controlled, then do not be late to consult a dermatologist